Reach 2 Billion potential customers with one advert
With over 2 billion users, Facebook marketing is a powerful tool you can use to promote your business. However, a lot of small business owners don’t really give their Facebook business page much thought after the initial setup. Many don’t know what to post or feel like keeping up with it is not worth the time or effort.
If you are in this same boat, try thinking of your business Facebook page as a fun way to connect with current and potential customers, instead of as a hassle. The way to be successful promoting your business for free on Facebook is by using it for what it’s meant for: a social network.
Advantages of Facebook Marketing For Small Businesses
The three primary advantages are:
It’s free – There is no cost associated with having a Facebook business page, and it’s free to post and share content.
You can promote your products and services – Once you have a fanbase, you can sell your products to them without marketing costs. You can also update your fans to let them know about any special events or deals that your business is running.
Interact and stay top of mind with your customers – Facebook is a great platform where you can engage with your customers, listen to what they have to say, and respond to their comments. By posting pictures and statuses, you can let people know what your business is up to. This allows you to stay top of mind with your existing and potential customers, so hopefully, when they make their next purchasing decision, they will think of you and not your competitor.
Facebook continues to grow at a spectacular rate and is the most popular social media platform. Due to this, Facebook has become a vital tool for marketing. Facebook marketing can target new customers and increase brand loyalty. However, in order to create a successful Facebook campaign, one needs to provide contents that are unique, creative and engaging. Facebook marketing is essential for both small and large businesses. It helps them effectively and efficiently promote their brand online.
While running a Facebook marketing campaign, one must consider the following seven tips to convert your target audience to customers.
- The first step you will want to take before marketing your business on Facebook is to make your business’ profile page as impressive as possible. This will not only help get people to like your page, but if done right, it will have a side benefit: increasing your chances of ranking higher in in Google search results.
- Choose the right images for your campaign and obey the rule of 20% image text: Images are essential in creating a Facebook Ad. However, try to avoid stock photos as much as possible. Focus on images that your audience can easily relate to. But bear in mind, no matter the type of ad you want to create, your image needs to be visually appealing.
- Keep your campaign short and simple: Make the title as attractive as possible, but do not make false claims. In cases where you cannot edit the title (like when advertising a Facebook page), you can enter the URL of the page and then edit the title. However, if you do this, you will get limited Facebook ad analytics. Keep this short and crisp. Always end this with a ‘call to action’. In terms of importance, this is less crucial than images and title. In terms of the entire description, the call to action is the most important part.
- Run different campaigns for the same product/service: Instead of creating different ads and split testing them, create variations of ad that performs best, and change one element at a time. For example, take your best ad, make copies of it and change the headline of each version. You now have multiple ads that are identical, except for the headline that you can test. After you determine which ad gets the best response, make copies of it and test another element like description or image.
- Your ad must be relevant: This is the most important factor for an ad to perform well. Your target audience must be able to relate to the ad. Only once your audience connects with the ad, will you gain the most from advertising on Facebook. Relevancy can be obtained in many ways and there are no set rules on ‘how to be relevant.’ You need to ask yourself if the majority of your audience will click on this ad? If the answer is yes, then your ad is relevant.
- Be engaging with your audience: Don’t automate everything. If you want people to engage your Facebook campaign, you need to create highly engaging content that is simple. “Highly engaging” means the content is relevant to your audience and compels people to click on it. Your content should make people stop in their tracks. When your audience stops to read your content, they should feel encouraged to engage with it.
- Follow the 80/20 rule for posts: Keep 20% of your campaign content relevant to the product or service of your business while 80% of the campaign content should be social, but relate to your business and the targeted audience.
- Use Geo-targeting: If you’re looking to connect with potential customers in a specific location, it’s a must-have to use geographic targeting. To find the right customer base for your brand, provide content to your desired audience and also generate leads, one needs to set up ad according to geographic target areas
Souce: Various Contributors